[Vtigercrm-developers] Security?

Holbok István holbok at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 19:07:03 GMT 2014

Dear Vtiger Community,

I have just realized after the fresh install of vtiger 6.1 (SVN 14165)
that the mentioned by Bastiaan security issue (below highlighted by
bold) point 2 is resolved.

You can use any names for the admin user.
How you can do it?

After install go the user management, and change the admin user name
into any string more safe then 'admin'.
Important note: after changing the admin user name, please chnage the
admin user password also.
It looks like the password hash uses the username so, if you will not
create a new password for the main admin user in this step, you will not
be able to login next time.

But using these two steps the main admin user name can be changed to
other string.

Kindest regards:
Istvan

üdvözlettel: