[Vtigercrm-developers] performance and profiling

Alan Bell alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
Fri Jul 18 13:04:05 GMT 2014

turns out that most of what to_html is processing is very repetitive, if
it just populates an array as it goes along and then checks in that
array it is a lot faster than doing htmlentities on the string every time.

global $htmlcache;//store the stripped HTML as we go along, a lot of the
time we are processing the same strings
function to_html($string, $encode=true)
{
         global $doconvert;
         global $default_charset;
         global $htmlcache;
         if($doconvert){
                 if(isset($htmlcache[$string])){
                     return $htmlcache[$string];
                 }else{
                     $clean= htmlentities($string, ENT_QUOTES,
$default_charset);//we don't care if it is a string or not, faster not
to care
                     $htmlcache[$string]=$clean;
                     return $clean;
                 }