[Vtigercrm-developers] Right way to check result of ADO Insert/Update

Stencel, Maciej m.stencel at opensaas.pl
Sun Jul 13 21:08:17 GMT 2014

Hi Alan,

I'm not sure if You're asking specificly about this but:

Successfull update:

$database->getAffectedRowCount( $result ); // returns number of affected
rows in last INSERT, UPDATE, REPLACE or DELETE

If it's above zero then some records were changed (if query was successfull
but didnt change any records then it will return zero). But still You can
be sure that query went ok.

If You want to check if the record was inserted then You can try to get the
ID of newly inserted record. When it is valid You can be sure that You
inserted records to db.

$database->getLastInsertID();

And You can use in your query variable that will breake script if query
will fail, set second/third parameter as true;

$database->query( $sql, true )

$database->pquery( $sql, $params, true )

Applies to Vt 6.0 and 6.1.

*Z poważaniem / Best regards*

 *Maciej Stencel*
*Tel: +48 884-997-123*