[Vtigercrm-developers] Password field appears as clear text in list/detail view ?

apcloic apcloic at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 17:03:12 GMT 2014

Hi All,

I've added a password field (UIType 99, typeofdata P~V) to my custom module.
Field is OK and properly hidden in edit view but appears as clear text in
list view & detail view.

I've tried DisplayType 4 which is supposed to be specific for password
fields, it doesn't help as it removes the field from edit & detail view like
DisplayType 3.

https://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/DisplayTypes

How do I get a simple password field ?