[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 6 - UIType 10 - Additional filters

John Crisp john at reetspetit.net
Tue Jan 28 17:42:19 GMT 2014

On 28/01/14 14:14, Joe Bordes wrote:

> One last comment, we have a large client base which has no need to move
> up to 6.0, they are very happy with their customization and prefer to
> spend their money on new features they require than having us update.
> Which means that we are going to keep supporting 5.4 for a long time.
> This is what we have dubbed internally as vtLTS (from ubuntu and others)
> =  vtiger CRM Long Time Support.

Couldn't agree more with Joe. It would also be nice to see some bugs
actually fixed in 5.4 rather than just ignored or 'upgrade to the latest
version to get it fixed'. The trac looks like a graveyard and  doesn't
look good from an outsiders point of view.

5.4 is a decent version and works well and there is nothing in 6 I can
see that I would upgrade for.

Joe has just upgraded our little install to 5.4 and even for a company
as small as us it has taken a long time to get it right - mainly due to
time constraints on my side, new code, extra mods etc.

I'm not going through that again for a LONG while.

>From what I have seen v6 is a massive leap GUI wise, as well as below
the hood, but with no reasons for us to upgrade. It will be a big hurdle
to migrate too and I for one haven't the time, money, nor inclination to
move my users to it for a long time yet.

Long live vtLTS.......