[Vtigercrm-developers] Themes for Vtiger 6

Zygmuntowicz Michal m.zygmuntowicz at onet.pl
Wed Jan 22 20:51:01 GMT 2014

Hi,

on the other hand, a native application does not reflect all features
the original Vtiger interface is capable of.

Vtiger 5.4 used to look on mobile devices almost exactly the same
as on desktops. It was not “responsive design”, but you could look at charts,
custom modules with sophisticated display templates, etc. In general
you could work with the interface exactly the same as on a desktop machine
(assuming your skills with touching small buttons on the mobile display
are good enough

Vtiger 6 is not responsive either, despite using the Bootstrap library
- it takes some components from the Bootstrap, but does not take into account
responsivness. On mobile devices with relatively small screens
you cannot use the Vtiger – the interface is completely broken.

I know that no one can satisfy everyone, but it is a bit pity that the current
web interface does not display correctly on mobile devices, which should be
much easier achievable with the Bootstrap library.

As I said, a native application (or to be more specific, the Vtiger CRM Mobile Application)
is great for the purpose it has been made for. A salesman can easily
access/update necessary data without need to fight with the web interface
or even without an Internet connection. But if I would like to take a look at my sales pipeline
funnel chart or even a custom Pacman extension module the web interface would be a choice.

Please do not take this as an offence – Vtiger 6 is a great improvement over previous versions
and you have done fantastic things. Just trying to share my thoughts on hidden potentials
that could be revealed with future releases.

Reagrds,
Michal Zygmuntowicz