[Vtigercrm-developers] Import relation to custom module (uitype 10)

apcloic apcloic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 15:12:14 GMT 2014

Hi All,

I'm working on vTigerCRM 6.0 on a dedicated debian server, fnal goal is to
move from a Microsoft Access database to vTiger 6 and keep some relations
between tables.

With the help of the nice module VTModuleDesigner from Jonathan, I've
created a custom module and add some relations with existing modules.
So I've created an uitype 10 field in Contact module which is related to
MyCustomModule, so I'm able to select a record in MyCustomModule and link it
to a contact.

Now, I need to be able to import contacts from a CSV file which include
relations.
So at first, I've done some test by exporting/importing existing data from
vTiger in order to see how looks the CSV and fields format.
AFAIK, it looks like uitype 10 fields like Related Account and related
record from my custom module are formatting like "ACCOUNT::::AccountRecord1"
or "CustomMODULE::::CustomRecord1"

Problem : when doing some import/export, it seems that relations between
contact and account are well imported, but not relations between contact &
MyCustomModule.
I've double-checked the mapping and my uitype 10 field remains empty, it is
not imported at all, as if it was simply ignored.

Is it normal behaviour ? Any idea on how to make it work ?