[Vtigercrm-developers] MYC vTiger Customer Portal UPDATED VERSION 0.5 - NEW FEATURES!

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 10:24:53 GMT 2014

On 19/12/14 10:00, makeyourcloud wrote:
> Hi Alan, thank you for your tempestive intervent :)  and for the tip about
> the license, we are not real experienced about licensing because is our
> first public project, we will review the license terms as soon as possible,
> if you have any particular advice we are really happy to listen to you.

It can be a bit of a minefield when integrating different libraries that
have different licenses.

If you haven't already, you should check that each libraries' license
allows it to be used with the others you have included under their
specific terms, e.g. linking by API versus full integration, object
extension type usage.

Then you'll need determine how *your* code relates to each of the other
libraries and determine if any of those libraries' licenses will impose
a choice for you on your own code; as would a license like the GPL for
example which is known as a "Strong Copyleft" license. Depending on how
you interface with the vtiger code you might need to license yours using
the VPL but you'd need to review all this yourself.

Hope this helps but remember I'm not a lawyer and licensing can be a bit
of a minefield...