[Vtigercrm-developers] multi user on same record

Richard Hills - Technologywise richard at tw.co.nz
Thu Dec 4 21:14:03 GMT 2014

I agree that this is likely not worth the effort.

We did do this for a client in 5.4 adding a related list of users who
were then given permissions as if the record was assigned to them.
Although it worked well it was only done because the client really
wanted it, we did our best to advise against.

On 04/12/14 23:50, socialboostdk wrote:
> My advise would be: Don't do it :)
>
> Its bad practice + you could just add other field with "backup users"
> not being "assigned-to" but just also relevant.
>
> :)
>
> On 4 December 2014 at 11:44, Simone Travaglini
> <simonetravaglini at gmail.com <mailto:simonetravaglini at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>     I'm sure also some of your customers asked for this feature: the
>     possibility to assign more than one use to the same record. I know
>     the possibility to use group, but in some case is not enought
>     flexible solution. In same case we need to assign one by one more
>     than one user to the same record.
>
>     Anyone worked on this issue and have a solution?
>
>     --
>     Simone Travaglini
>     328 5499846
>     Linkedin: Simone Travaglini
>

>     Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è
>     veramente necessario!

>     http://www.vtiger.com/

Richard Hills
TechnologyWise Ltd, Tauranga, NZ