[Vtigercrm-developers] workflows in v6

Michael Lockwood michael at lockwood.us.com
Thu Apr 17 15:55:29 GMT 2014

I also have a question about workflow.  I see that there are some options
to "Update Field" tasks in workflow.  My goal is to have a custom field in
the quotes module labeled "Quote Status" changed from Active to Inactive
when an Opportunity is set to "Closed Won" or "Closed Lost".  Here's what I
have setup, but it's not working:

1.  Module is "Quotes"; "Every time the record is saved" is selected.

[image: Inline image 1]
2.  Conditions are set to (Opportunities) Sales Stage is "Closed Won" or
"(Opportunities) Sales Stage is "Closed Lost" - these are in the "Any"
section.  I have also tried using the "Has Changed to" as well.
[image: Inline image 2]

4.  The task is set to "Update Fields" and is active.  I have it set to
"Status" "Inactive".

[image: Inline image 3]

I am wanting vTiger to automatically set any quotes status as Inactive for
an opportunity that has it's status changed to Closed Won or Closed Lost.
 From what I've configured, it seems like it should work.  However, it's
not.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 1:00 AM, Vikas Jain <vikas at vtiger.com> wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Workflows will still be triggered on save of the record.
>

> On 16 April 2014 06:16, Mark Kostner <admin at myscreen.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have a question re: workflows in v6
>>
>> Are workflows still on triggered on saving of a record?
>>
>> I ask because there are a number of new conditions like:
>>
>> => Less than hours before
>> => Less than hours later
>> => More than hours before
>> => More than hours before
>>
>> Does this mean that the workflow will be triggered automatically xx hours
>> before a certain date / time? Or will it still only be triggered when the
>> record is saved?
>>
>> What we are trying to achieve is to set a reminder in t Tasks that will
>> send
>> an email 24 hours before the due date if a task is not yet completed. So
>> for
>> example we have set a condition :
>>
>> => Due Date -> Less than hours later -> 24
>> => Status -> is not -> completed
>>
>> Although this does not seem to trigger the workflow. (which is an email
>> reminder)
>>
>> We only want the reminder sent if the task is NOT completed.

> Regards
> Vikas
> Vtiger Team

*Michael Lee Lockwood*