[Vtigercrm-developers] Dashboards/Widgets and Security...

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 12:51:47 GMT 2014

On 04/04/14 14:23, Sreenivas Kanumuru wrote:
> Alan,
>
> if Sharing Rule is set to private, History widget does not show updates
> on records owned by superiors. Please confirm if Sharing Rule is set to
> private.

The Sharing rule for what? I'm not sure I understand.

The Calendar is always private, and in the list of modules I can see in
the Sharing Rules settings doesn't show anything like dashboard or
history...

All the main entity modules are set as Private.

I've just set this up on a dev server and sure enough, if I log in as
subordinate role ("Dealers" - right at the bottom of a hierarchy) and
enable the dashboard for this profile I can see all the comments added
to Trouble Tickets. These comments were made by a user in a top-level
role ("Administrators") and the Tickets I can see the comments of are
unrelated to the user I have logged in as. The Tickets module is set as
private and there are no Advanced Sharing Rules set and the Dealer
User/Role is not part of any group. If I click on the link to the Ticket
I am shown a blank page.

Role Hierarchy

Organisation
|-->Administrators
     |-->Sales Management
        |-->Dealers

A bug or something wrong with our configuration? Can anyone reproduce this?

Cheers