[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger forge - can't update Thunderbird Extension

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 09:52:37 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

Each time I release a new version of the Thunderbird extension I have a
script that copies the important files to:

/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/vttb3/htdocs/updates

This is where Thunderbird looks for automatic updates.

However - there has been some changes to the host recently and there are
2 problems:

1. I can't write to the above directory. My script tries to SCP the
files there.

2. Whilst http://vttb3.forge.vtiger.com/updates/ gives me a directory
listing, the home page for the Project http://vttb3.forge.vtiger.com/
fails with a nasty error.

This is a bit of a problem.

Thunderbird just released version 24 (The next long term release). the
vtiger extension currently in use will not work. It needs to be updated
to 0.510 which I have built, signed and is ready to go but I can't
distribute it.