[Vtigercrm-developers] VT6 RC

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 08:30:53 UTC 2013

On 13/09/13 09:10, Sreenivas Kanumuru wrote:
> Asterisk Support will be included in 6.1. We are deferring it because
> the current code is not very efficient, and needs to be refactored.

Cool

>     understand this, what should happen is the IMAP client in vtiger
>     should add a *copy* of the outgoing message to the client's Sent
>     Folder of their IMAP account.
>     What it should absolutely *not* do, is send another copy of the
>     message, via SMTP, to the sender so it arrives in their Inbox./
>

> This is not possible, unless we let users send email from their
> individual SMTP accounts.
>
> Outgoing emails are going from a common SMTP account, lets call it X.
> while Incoming emails from individual user's IMAP, lets say A.
>
> The request is asking for email sent from X, to go to A's Sent Mail.
> That is not possible to my knowledge.

How do you think Thunderbird & Outlook or Roundcube or any other email
clients, be they desk or web-based, work?

They don't send a copy to my Inbox? They add a copy of the message to my
sent box (often with an interim step via the outbox) which is then
automatically synced with the IMAP server.

Please note that Thunderbird and Outlook can use ONE smtp service, but
be configured for multiple IMAP accounts and it just works...

I'm pretty sure they use the IMAP APPEND command...

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1730#section-6.3.10

 From the roundcube imap class:

>     /**
>      * Append a mail message (source) to a specific folder
>      *
>      * @param string  $folder  Target folder
>      * @param string  $message The message source string or filename
>      * @param string  $headers Headers string if $message contains only the body
>      * @param boolean $is_file True if $message is a filename
>      * @param array   $flags   Message flags
>      * @param mixed   $date    Message internal date
>      * @param bool    $binary  Enables BINARY append
>      *
>      * @return int|bool Appended message UID or True on success, False on error
>      */
>     public function save_message($folder, &$message, $headers='', $is_file=false, $flags = array(), $date = null, $binary = false)
>     {
>         if (!strlen($folder)) {
>             $folder = $this->folder;
>         }
>
>         if (!$this->check_connection()) {
>             return false;
>         }
>
>         // make sure folder exists
>         if (!$this->folder_exists($folder)) {
>             return false;
>         }
>
>         $date = $this->date_format($date);
>
>         if ($is_file) {
>             $saved = $this->conn->appendFromFile($folder, $message, $headers, $flags, $date, $binary);
>         }
>         else {
>             $saved = $this->conn->append($folder, $message, $flags, $date, $binary);
>         }
>
>         if ($saved) {
>             // increase messagecount of the target folder
>             $this->set_messagecount($folder, 'ALL', 1);
>         }
>
>         return $saved;
>     }

> Scheduled Workflow (to run workflow at scheduled time) is only available
> in On Demand edition.

That's a shame :-(