[Vtigercrm-developers] Database naming consistency

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 12:55:34 GMT 2013

Adrián Granado wrote about the table and id column names being
inconsistent - to which I completely agree!

> I hope in vTiger 6 will be a criteria to make the Entitys.
>
> In 5.4 there is
>
> MODULE: Accounts – TABLE: vtiger_account – ID: accountid
> MODULE: Products – TABLE: vtiger_products – ID: productid
>

> MODULE: Leads – TABLE: vtiger_leaddetails – ID: leadid
> MODULE: Leads – TABLE AUX: vtiger_leadscf – ID: leadsid
>

> It’s annoying when you are mixing singular with plural with no criteria.

I'd also like to mention column and field names...

entityidfield* 	entityidcolumn**
=============   ==============
potentialid 	potential_id
contactid 	contact_id
accountid 	account_id
leadid 		leadid
notesid 	notesid
activityid 	activityid
ticketid 	ticketid
productid 	product_id
id 		id (Faq in case anyone was wondering!!!)
vendorid 	vendor_id
pricebookid 	pricebookid
quoteid 	quote_id
purchaseorderid 	purchaseorderid
salesorderid 	salesorder_id
invoiceid 	invoiceid
campaignid 	campaignid
id 		id (Users!!!)
servicecontractsid 	servicecontractsid
serviceid 	serviceid
smsnotifierid 	smsnotifierid
projectmilestoneid 	projectmilestoneid
projecttaskid 	projecttaskid
projectid 	projectid
modcommentsid 	modcommentsid
assetsid 	assetsid

What a mess!

And it get's worse when you include those "extra" tables like
vtiger_accountshipads/billads, contactsubdetails etc...

*The entityidfield is actually the id *columnname* in the module's table

**The entityidcolumn refers to the UIType 10 *field* name used in
related modules... Sheesh.

Please can we have some consitency here?

Thanks