[Vtigercrm-developers] Seeking clarification regarding Taxes and Charges Enhancements in Vtiger

Mani Kumar mani.k at vtiger.com
Mon May 20 13:26:52 UTC 2013

Hi,

We are working to enhance the functionality of taxes in inventory modules.
We have few questions on how the taxing system will be ?
Listed below are our queries

Will tax be always on the post-discount price of a product?

Will Sales people be selecting the taxes when they add a product to an
Invoice?

An Invoice will have many line items. Should taxes be selectable at the
line item level? or should they be selectable only at invoice level (i.e,
the same taxes will apply for all items in the invoice).

Should tax values displayed at item level ?

Should we show Net price after taxing at item level ?

Should the compound tax is on (all the taxes above + Amount ) OR  is on
(some taxes + Amount) ?

Is it common to impose tax on the total value of purchase if we already
added at Item Level ?

How common is imposing taxes on charges (Ex: shipping tax on Shipping
Charges ) ?

Is multilevel taxing (Taxing at subtotal stages) needed ?

Please clarify.
Also if you have any references, models, thoughts please do share.

Mani,
Vtiger Team