[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 6 Usability Observation

Alan Bell alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
Thu May 16 13:47:35 UTC 2013

caching it would be bad, but making sure that all queries involved use
the mysql indexes would be good. If you turn on the slow query log and
log unindexed queries in the my.cnf file then monitor
/var/log/mysql/mysql-slow.log you will see all the unindexed queries it
does. If you go through each one and optimise the query by creating
suitable indexes until there are basically none left (apart from the
full text search, which you get rid of by using the sphinx search
plugin) then vtiger is a lot lot faster and queries like this would have
no significant cost to them because they are basically precomputed in
the mysql server.

Alan.

Libertus Solutions
http://libertus.co.uk