[Vtigercrm-developers] Smarty vs micro templating

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Thu Mar 28 18:04:35 GMT 2013

What's the long term vision for Smarty template rendering?  It's not
consistently used; there is lots of HTML generation inside member functions.

I ask because I'm currently replacing the "Add Document" button with
jQuery-File-Upload so that users can batch upload documents.  It uses a
micro templating engine that refuses to work when loaded via AJAX, so I've
been investigating replacement engines.  There are a number of engines that
support both client side rendering in Javascript and server side rendering
in PHP...