[Vtigercrm-developers] Exchange Connector Questions

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 12:49:08 GMT 2013

I've been looking into the
vtigerCRM-Exchange-Connector-vtigercomponent.540.2.0.zip file before
updating our customer's CRM.

In that zip package is

include/utils/CommonUtils.php

But this file is *identical* to a clean CommonUtils.php from a fresh
5.4.0 download.

It does *not* however contain the modified CommonUtils.php from the
recent Security Patch. In the Security Patch there is an entirely new
function "checkFileAccessForDeletion()" so if we install the Exchange
Connector *after* the Security Patch I think things are probably going
to break...

What should we do about this?

In the zip are also two module packages (both as a zipped package and
extracted as well???). ModTracker is the optional dir. In a normal
vtiger download ModTracker is in the mandatory dir...

Why do you include both a zip and the extracted version?

Other than an updated ModTracker module and a new Exchange module I see
very little in the way of differences that should require such a
convoluted and prone to error install process... (OK three new lines to
the end of the en_us language file in the Settings module)

Why don't you rather issue two updated modules so we can use the Module
manager to install ExchangeConnector and then an upgrade for ModTracker?