[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: A note on Role based picklists in vtiger6

Vikas Jain vikas at vtiger.com
Fri Mar 22 07:39:45 UTC 2013

Salim,

I think you could have done this a better way than create large number of
roles and picklist values associated to each roles.
This could have been easily solved using *Picklist Dependency* where you
have a picklist for States and another for Branches
within the states, set up dependency by associating state value
eg:Karnataka state to all the Karnataka branches picklist value.
This would have reduced the complexity of the system also by eliminating
lot of roles and profiles you have created.

Regards
Vikas
Vtiger Team

--