[Vtigercrm-developers] Issue in Vtiger Calendar Filters.

Nilay Khatri nilay.spartan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 11:11:47 PST 2013

I was just creating a filter in calendar which included a custom field
of type picklist and when I saved it it took me to a blank page.
To be mentioned I am using vtiger 5.4.0.

Following are the steps to reproduce the issue:

 1. in calendar module create a new custom field of type picklist and
    check Events type.
 2. go to create new filter
 3. go to advanced filter
 4. in the field list select the custom field just created
 5. in condition select some condition (I selected not equal to)
 6. and leave the value field  empty.
 7. save the filter.

On further digging I found out that when we create a new custom field in
calendar that is not of type text the field is created with tabid of not
calendar but, with of whether Event/Task as selected.

So when we save the filter in the file "modules/CustomView/Save.php" at
line 95 the module fields retrieved do not contain the custom field and
as such saving the record fails.

This could be an issue with the webservices meta object wherein the
module fields are not retrieved properly.

Let me know if you have any workaround for this to workout.