[Vtigercrm-developers] CronTask module

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 19:57:02 UTC 2013

On 20/06/13 13:29, Joe Bordes wrote:

> These things make me think: over a year after this feature was
> introduced nobody commented nor fixed this? Is anybody really using
> this? Am I doing something wrong? ...

Hi Joe,

That's really Odd.

Last year we did a big data migration from SalesForce to vtiger and I
personally imported ~25,000 Contacts into vtiger 5.4.0 via CSV using the
scheduled import.

It worked fine and didn't keep restarting but it did take quite a while!
During the testing phase I'd start it and go to bed but it would have
usually completed by the next morning.

I was running the cron scheduler every 15mins.

So I'm not sure if what you have seen is a bug or something specific to
what you are doing, but it has certainly worked for me before for some
pretty large imports.

HTH

Cheers

Libertus Solutions