[Vtigercrm-developers] CronTask module

Joe Bordes joe at tsolucio.com
Thu Jun 20 12:29:03 UTC 2013

Hi,

I just had an incident where a client launched a large import (12000
products).
The cron launched the first time and marked the process as running.
After 15min, the next cron launched and the import process was launched
again. Then after 15min more, another process was launched....

After about 15000 products imported and taking forever the client
contacted us.

I had a look at the code and see that the status of running is not
consulted only the frequency :-(

The attached patch should fix this problem.

I also compared the 5.4.0 CronTask module with the current EA to see if
it had been corrected and saw that the problem is still there and that
somebody has left a $log->fatal() debug message in the CronTask code.
That should be eliminated from there.

These things make me think: over a year after this feature was
introduced nobody commented nor fixed this? Is anybody really using
this? Am I doing something wrong? ...

--
Un saludo
Joe