[Vtigercrm-developers] Update Fields Task in Workflow

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 10:32:14 UTC 2013

Hi all,

this seems to be a missing function of the above.

I wanted to create a new Task in a Workflow to update a field by getting
a value from a Related object's field.

In the Workflow Conditions area, I can select any field from any of the
related modules as well as the module for which the Workflow is for.

However, when I go to the Update Fields task and choose to set a Field
value in the popup, I expect to see, again, all the related field values
and not just the fields of the Workflow module (See screenshot)...

I know I can do this with a custom workflow function, but it seems that
as the code to retrieve related fields already exists in the Condition,
it should also be available in the Set Value feature.

Cheers