[Vtigercrm-developers] Introducing GeoTools - Geo Location module for vtiger 5.4.0

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 08:57:44 PST 2013

On 25/01/13 16:38, Adam Heinz wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com
>
>     Google's Terms of Service allow you to cache lat/lng as long as you use
>     their map to display the results.
>

> Yes, everything you've said there is correct, but when you take those
> cached lat/lng and generate the embedded map, that's using the Google
> Static Maps API, yes?  It has different rules for rate limiting.

OK - You have got me thinking now. Most of the API calls I read from an
example on Google's site:

https://developers.google.com/maps/articles/phpsqlsearch_v3

Now I am not sure if I am using different APIs or not... <scratches
head> The map display kept on working well after I'd blown the 2.5k
geocoder day limit so it never really crossed my mind.