[Vtigercrm-developers] Introducing GeoTools - Geo Location module for vtiger 5.4.0

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Fri Jan 25 07:42:25 PST 2013

Awesome is right!  The reverse search data integrity check looks especially
useful.  We have some of this sort of stuff implemented, but with nowhere
near the level of polish and configurability that you have.  I'll
definitely have to look at how difficult migrating off our existing stuff
would be.

I notice that the reverse search data embeds a Google Map, which means that
the Google Maps API TOS are also in effect on top of the Google Geocoding
API TOS?

Our original feature that required the Google Geocoding API was address
autocomplete.  We reordered the address field sequence so that street and
zip code are first, so when those are set we look up and fill the other
address fields (and the lat/lng, since we have them).  It works >99% of the
time -- we've found that the API gets confused by spaces easily "100 Still
Water Ln" vs "100 Stillwater Ln" can produce very different results.  If
that's interesting to you, I'll see about pulling it out and submitting a
patch against your project.