[Vtigercrm-developers] vTiger 6 New UIType

praneeth K praneeth at vtiger.com
Fri Jan 25 06:53:54 PST 2013

Hi Salim ,

       As alan said we will not be using EditViewUtils.php . To add new
uitype please follow below procedure

       Lets Suppose we need to add new uitype for "link"

       1.  Using vtlib we will create field with uitype (say 200)
       2.  Now we need to map the uitype with the field type . This we can
do in Field.php(vtiger6/modules/models/Field.php)
       3.   Searh for the function getFieldDataType(). In here you can map
the uitype to field type

                  if($this->get('uitype') == "200') {
                         return 'link';
                  }

       4. This will define the specific field type for the uitype . Using
this fieldtype we can design our element in the way we need.

       5.  Add a new file called Link.php under
vtiger6/modules/Vtiger/uitypes and it should have class like
*Vtiger_Link_UIType
*and it should extend Vtiger_Base_UIType

       6. Overwrite the function getTemplateName and give value as
uitypes/Link.tpl. The same file should exist in path
vtiger6/layouts/vlayout/modules/Vtiger/uitypes.

       7. In this file you can design your element . This will effect in
views Edit.QuickCreate and MassEdit

Hope this helps you

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM, salim <salim at posibolt.com> wrote:

> Thanks for you reply Al,
> Started to grep  :P
>

> On 25 January 2013 14:20, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 25/01/13 04:55, salim wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > Anyone tried to create a new UI type in Vtiger 6, I have tried to edit
>> > "EditViewUtils.php" but no effect, It seems no call at all to this file.
>>
>> I don't think vtiger 6 uses that system at all.
>>
>> Look in the vtiger6 directory and you will see a completely new
>> structure (MVC).
>>
>> I've not examined it in any detail but it is *very* different from the
>> current version of vtiger.
>>
>> 'grep' is probably going to be your best friend on your journey.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Al

Best Regards,
K Praneeth,