[Vtigercrm-developers] vt6 mobile: home page

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Fri Feb 8 12:06:41 PST 2013

The vt6 home page isn't reformatted for mobile.  Compare the vtiger 6.0
home page, which is totally unusable, with our version of the home page.
 For reference, this page of our fork is 5.4, but we uses the old menu from
5.2, and we added Bootstrap ourselves.  Our version could be improved by
formatting the home page widgets into a single column; horizontal scrolling
is unnatural on a phone.  The vt6 style menu is very hungry for horizontal
space, since it puts all the "common" modules on the main nav.  The vt5
style menu allows us to compress things as we see fit, and group them by
company "division".  Notice how our home page widgets are snug against the
left edge, whereas the vt6 has two padding regions of wasted space.

Additional bad behavior: if you type in the server name a second time,
instead of taking me to the vt6 home page, I am sent to the vt5 home page,
but it's missing menus!  And I can't log out!  I ended up having to
manually clear my cookies to log out.