[Vtigercrm-developers] Cooperation

Koch, Christian christian.koch at 4Com.de
Thu Feb 7 01:23:12 PST 2013

Hi,

I agree, it's a systemic problem. But the bugtracking is only part of the problem. Vtiger of course is open-source - but it's not a community project. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I believe only vtiger employees have write access to the source code. Why don't you give some "special" community members also the right to review patches and integrate them? "Community" means, that members with enough reputation get the right to decide more! Today when you have the "not enough time"-problem you have to hire new employees. But I'm sure there are many people out there who would like to help you for free - you just ignore them!
Today vtiger is a company releasing its own software as open source when it's finished. But it does not respect the original open-source-idea of working together as a community to make things better! If you solved that problem, vtiger could be developed much faster and quality would get better!

Regards,
Christian

Von: vtigercrm-developers-bounces at lists.vtigercrm.com [mailto:vtigercrm-developers-bounces at lists.vtigercrm.com] Im Auftrag von Sreenivas Kanumuru
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2013 06:41
An: vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com
Betreff: Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] Cooperation

Adam,

You are right. it is a systemic problem across many open source projects. We strive to do better. We have more resources in the core team now. Our QA team is actively reviewing the bugs submitted here<http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/report/37>. Before the Vtiger 6 final code is released, we will be going through all the Vtiger 6 patch submissions.

thanks,
Sreenivas

--
Sreenivas Kanumuru
vtiger Team

Direct: +91 96323-55656
Skype: skanumuru

Connect with us on: Twitter<http://twitter.com/#%21/vtigercrm> I Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/vtiger/226866697333578?sk=wall> I Blog<http://blog.vtiger.com/> I Wiki<http://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/Main_Page> I Forums <http://forums.vtiger.com/> I Website<http://vtiger.com/>