[Vtigercrm-developers] O(n^2) HEADERSCRIPT

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Tue Feb 5 07:40:35 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 11:33 PM, Prasad <prasad at vtiger.com> wrote:

> When the module is disabled / enabled - it should take care of registering
> the resources.

That's a global boolean.  I'm saying that for a module (e.g. Products) that
I don't have ModTracker turned on for, it still loads ModTrackerCommon.js

Did you take look at of
mod_pagespeed<https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/mod> -
> let us know your observation?

The only thing PageSpeed complains about now are also flagged when I run it
against demo.vtiger.com:

Leverage browser caching
 - We've taken the .js?v=5.4.0 technique and applied it more generally, so
that after our release currently in alpha goes live, I will set
ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 6 months".

Combine images into CSS sprites
- Moving to jQueryUI icons would help this; Bootstrap probably does
something similar.

Defer parsing of JavaScript
- This is basically the problem I'm tackling now; there is much too much
javascript being loaded -- and not used.  It might be worth rolling this
into the HEADERSCRIPT logic; a defer bit.

Minify JavaScript
- I wrote a system to do this at a previous job -- even going so far as to
combine files that were separate in development into a single minified file
in production.  I think this has a lot more value if you are running a site
with a lot of unique visitors, instead of a CRM with a smaller number of
recurring visitors. Don't want them to bounce on their initial visit
because the page takes too long.