[Vtigercrm-developers] O(n^2) HEADERSCRIPT

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Mon Feb 4 14:06:10 PST 2013

I'm looking at how ModTracker exposes ModTrackerCommon.js and it appears
that even though the widget is selectively enabled for other modules, the
common javascript is always loaded?  If every module pushed their
javascript into all other modules this way, we would be looking at O(n^2)
javascript files loaded per page.

I decided to do some comparison against large web sites (google, amazon,
etc) and over half a dozen sites, I am only seeing 3-4 javascript files per
page.  I have the vtiger 5.4.0 Products module open on our site right now
and it lists 38 javascript files!  So maybe this is something that we can
try to get down to a more reasonable number so that the page load is
faster?  I anticipate that vtiger 6.0.0 will kill off the half-dozen or so
scriptaculous files, but there is a lot of third-party javascript broken
out into separate files.