[Vtigercrm-developers] VTiger 6. Quick edit field in detail view

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Mon Apr 15 15:05:51 UTC 2013

You don't.  If you look at the beforesave calls [1] or dig a little deeper
into the VTEventTrigger.trigger [2], you'll see that an exception is only
thrown if a handler dependency deadlock is encountered, and there are no
alternate control flow mechanisms.  I've seen the suggestion before to
prevent the save with javascript, but that doesn't stop creative users, and
it doesn't stop web service calls either.

[1]
http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/browser/vtigercrm/branches/6.0.0/data/CRMEntity.php#L842
[2]
http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/browser/vtigercrm/branches/6.0.0/include/events/VTEventTrigger.inc#L110