[Vtigercrm-developers] Windows Live Mail?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 07:48:57 UTC 2013

On 12/04/13 08:25, Sreenivas Kanumuru wrote:
> Alan,
>
> You are right, it is a desktop application, a replacement for Outlook
> Express.
>
> Outlook plugin doesn't work on Outlook Express or Live Mail yet. Some of
> the DLLs used by the plugin are only available in the full fledged
> Outlook. We do not have immediate plans to address this and support Live
> Mail, but if we find something to make it possible, we'll act on it.

Great thanks for the reply.

I might try and steer them toward Thunderbird although I have
reservations about that product's longevity after the Mozilla
Foundation's decision last year.

What we really need is to properly fix the integrated webmail client in
vtiger so that:

1. When a user send an email the client makes a *copy* and stores it the
Sent Folder and does NOT resend a duplicate email to the user's Inbox!

2. Support the full header information so email "conversations" are
tracked... So that when a user sends or replies to a customer's email
and it is one you want to be stored in vtiger, we trap any replies and
attach those.

Thanks