[Vtigercrm-developers] [VTiger 6] Questions about menu bar

Rietz, Artur a.rietz at opensaas.pl
Fri Apr 5 10:40:26 UTC 2013

Hi again ! :)

Today I have a few questions about Menu construction and ideas :)

1) Why you couldnt create it flexible ? Below I present following "issues"
in my opinion:

   - restricted modules list, and function to sort menu elements have array
   inside files, they are not configurable in any reachable way for user
   - you cannot configure what file is responsible for menu, you assumed
   that people has to include always the same files, from the same directory,
   with the same variables, was it so hard to create some kind of database
   table to configure this ?

For now people have to use yours structure, exactly in way you believe that
is ok. If they want to make any changes - they do have to modify core files
( MenuBar.tpl, or Basic.php , it is a bit illogical, if you are trying to
prepare flexible system, basing on good solutions, you would have to try to
plan it more flexible, and you have to allow people to modify system
without modyfying core files.

Regards,

Rietz Artur