[Vtigercrm-developers] Lazy question on webservices.

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 06:36:20 PDT 2012

I need to create/update a module's fields using webservices when they
are displaytype 2. Or I need a suitable alternative to achieve the same
result...

My tests show that using the Webservices Create api, the routine works
(in that it doesn't error and new records are created), but the fields
with displaytype=2 show as empty after the routine has run and in the db
the fields are null.

Basically, we have a scenario where quite a lot of data is being sucked
in and regularly updated from an external system and is there just for
searching and analysing, but must not be edited. I don't want to write
directly to the db because, amongst other things, we would bypass
triggering Workflows...

TIA