[Vtigercrm-developers] Backup runs out of memory

mail at dvoges.de mail at dvoges.de
Wed Sep 5 12:12:26 PDT 2012

Hi all,

we suffer at the backup process. As far as we can see all data will be
packed in one single zip File. While the data among grows at some
point this does not work. We increased the memory for php, this works
at the moment. The problem causes in our case are the attachments in
the folder ?storage?.

Is it correct that the php zipper handles the whole zip file in the memory?

Problem: vtiger cannot perform a backup, when the assigned memory is
completely allocated by the php zip process. But the assigning of
memory has a physical limit.

Solution: Using another zipper or copying the files without zipping to
a backup path. (Maybe the files will be zipped separately).

We are willing to do this, but at the moment we have no experience in
the vtiger code, the review process and how software is signed in.

Greeting from Germany,

Andreas and Detlef