[Vtigercrm-developers] aborting a save in an event handler

Alan Bell alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
Tue Oct 16 08:01:40 PDT 2012

On 16/10/12 15:46, Joe Bordes wrote:
> Why can't you do the validations on the client side?

the validation is something along the lines of "does this account have
any other orders that are on trial pricing" so it has to do a database
query based on information that isn't present in the UI, and I can't do
it before creating the sales order because I don't know what account
they are going to choose. It would have to be an AJAX kind of call to do
it before the submit - which isn't impossible, I am just trying to use
the framework and an event handler seemed to be the right place to put
the code.

Alan.

--
Libertus Solutions http://libertus.co.uk