[Vtigercrm-developers] ancient class.phpmailer.php

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Wed Oct 10 07:52:56 PDT 2012

Since I just smashed the new phpmailer over top, I'm reviewing the
changes made to it over the years [1].  Even going back in the source
code as far as 4.0, I couldn't find a pristine phpmailer 1.7.2 source
file.  Even the phpmailer site only has source as far back as 2.0, so
there was no good way to apply the phpmailer 1.7.2 - 5.1.0 delta.

I think the best course of action is to use a pristine phpmailer so
that subsequent changes are easier to include, and to reimplement the
following changes outside of the phpmailer files.

Review required:
@12734 - default timeout set, reapply
@11832 - default language set, reapply
@11362 - charset set, reapply
@11210 - html entity decoding, not sure
@9762 - html entity decoding, not sure

Reviewed, but no follow up necessary:
@13487 - similar change made, no action
@11389 - code no longer exists, no action
@10378 - charset set, no action
@10370 - charset set, no action
@7150 - file size, no action
@7003 - bad search/replace, no action
@3329 - version upgrade, no action
@83 - error messaging, no action

I also just noticed that there is a second copy of the files in cron?
This is somewhat concerning, as the majority of the fixes were only
applied to the modules/Emails files.

[1] http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/log/vtigercrm/branches/5.4.0/modules/Emails/class.phpmailer.php?action=stop_on_copy&rev=13577&stop_rev=&mode=follow_copy