[Vtigercrm-developers] HTML 4.01 Transitional

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Tue Oct 2 14:31:50 PDT 2012

I'm tracking down a weird bug (specific to a custom module of ours) in
Firefox.  Somehow, the HTML is so bad that Firefox is putting a
Validator plugin for Firefox.  Lots of errors.  Some of the errors
looked like valid XHTML syntax to me, but it ends up the header still
says HTML 4.01 Transitional!  Just for kicks, I switched it to XHTML
1.0 Transitional, and got back five times the number of errors!  This
is definitely a space where fixing up the HTML can improve browser
load times, because the browser doesn't have to work as hard to figure
out the bass-ackwards markup.