[Vtigercrm-developers] Importing into Calendar: Tasks & Events

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu May 31 00:43:14 PDT 2012

Hi

we are migrating a customer from a well known proprietary CRM to vtiger
CRM :-)

Using Talend I have managed to get most of the useful data extracted
from the other system's CSVs and converted into CSVs that vtiger can
then import.

The one bit that is proving more difficult is the calendar...

The exported CSVs contain relationships to other entities but the
calendar import in vtiger is only as an ics file structure which does
not handle the relationship data at all well from what I can tell.

Dumping directly to the database looks fairly complex as activity
records seem to span at least 6 tables.

So, to my question: Is the best method likely to be to use the
Webservices API to create the Calendar events - considering I have
around 25,000 to import?

TIA