[Vtigercrm-developers] scheduler issues in 5.4.0

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue May 22 03:09:09 PDT 2012

Further to my previous question about the new scheduler.

Investigations, on a customer's recently updated system, seem to
indicate that if you set a reminder of (for example, 1 minute before an
event) and the scheduler frequency is longer than 1 minute then most of
the reminders never get sent.

Setting the crontab for vtigercron.sh to 1 min and the
min_cron_frequency interval to 1 minute, and the sendreminder cron task
in the scheduler to 1 minute then works.

What it seems to me should happen is that the granularity of the
picklists for setting times and reminders need to be somehow
synchronised with the cron frequency, or the sendreminder job needs to
be a bit more intelligent and send reminders early if it will "miss"
before the next run...

Any suggestions

Thanks