[Vtigercrm-developers] Scheduled import error: exceeding memory limit

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Fri May 11 09:30:33 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Just an FYI really.

I was getting the following error

PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted

when running vtigercron.sh from the command line to test a scheduled
import of a csv file containing ~11000 Organisation records.

On my Ubuntu system there are two php.ini files; one for apache and one
for the cli.

The memory_limit flag for apache is set to the default of 128M

The memory_limit flag for the cli is set to -1 which according to the
docs means "no limit".

The issue is that there is also a memory_limit setting in vtiger's
config.inc.php too:

ini_set('memory_limit','64M');

Just in case it catches anyone out, I needed to up that one as well. (I
have now set mine to 128M).

But the schedule import tool is really helpful. Means I can get on with
other stuff whilst it is running.

I have found a couple of minor bugs with it though (reported on trac).

Cheers

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk