[Vtigercrm-developers] Potential UI Changes

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Wed May 9 23:52:17 PDT 2012

On 10/05/12 04:47, Sreenivas Kanumuru wrote:
> Bryan, Adam,
>
> Yes, vtiger 6 will use the jQuery's Datepicker for all date fields.
> Also, we will be replacing popups with auto-fill text fields.

Oooh!

auto-complete fields is very interesting. We need to do this for one
client so that if someone tried to create a new account (when adding in
a Contact for example), as they start to type the name, the list of
similar Account names already in the system appear for them to choose
from. In fact we do not want most users to be able to add a new account
at all. Just choose from what is already there.

Just FYI, in OpenERP 6.1 they have a very nice implementation of
auto-complete with the added options to create, and create/edit from the
same drop down: http://twitpic.com/9jcpn1/full

I would be really interested to see the work you are planning to do on
this - we may not need to develop anything in-house...

Many thanks

Alan

--
Libertus Solutions