[Vtigercrm-developers] [vtigercrm-developers] UITYPE & TYPEOFDATA map for vtiger 5.x

raymondub eltroll at gmail.com
Tue May 8 12:40:21 PDT 2012

Hi Nicolas,

could you please give further info about the techniques you used ?
We are using now the 5.4 and before using the application in prod i had to
create a lot of new fields. Cause i wasn t able to enable the custom
validation, i had to give varchar(100) but i don t like that...

thx,

R.D

Hi,

In my case, I needed to add javascript and php validation (call me
paranoid, but when you throw a system like vtiger to the wolves, you better
be prepared for everything lol), so my solution to that was to add jquery
and a custom js file to the vtiger's edit pages renderer files (that solved
client side data validation) and I created an event to every module I
needed to make server validation before saving (that solved the server side
data validation). If you're not familiar with any of those techniques, I
might be able to help you.

Cheers

Nicolas