[Vtigercrm-developers] How to login in Vtiger using Html, Jquery client

ram prasad ramtrg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 21:11:28 PDT 2012

Hi Adam,

   1) I know webservice Login only takes Username and access Key. Actually
i am doing a mobile application using HTML5 & mobile jquery.So i want to
Login to Vtiger(not webservice login) with my Username and Password. How to
validate this user name and password?

 I need to create Login page for my mobile Application
like attached screenshot.

  2) Also i have seen Vtiger Mobile
API<https://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/Mobile_API>.
What is difference between Normal webservice
methods<https://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/WebServices_tutorials>
 and Vtiger Mobile API <https://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/Mobile_API>?
Which one i want to use for my mobile Application.

 3) Then i have created Sales Order record from my mobile Application
using  Normal webservice
methods<https://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/WebServices_tutorials>.
I need to create a Sales order with Products and its Quantity. What is the
Parameter name for "products" to create a webservice. In following sales
order module description i didn't get "Products" parameter. So how to send
Products using webservice.

0: {name:salesorder_no, label:SalesOrder No, mandatory:false,

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 7:58 PM, Adam Heinz <amh at metricwise.net> wrote:

> The web service Login call doesn't take password, only access key.  I
> think you're out of luck, short of writing a new web service call.
>
> https://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/WebServices_tutorials#Login
>
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 12:22 AM, ram prasad <ramtrg at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thank You...This Javascript library has only webservice calls and query
> > after getting session id by passing preference key. I want to get
> Preference
> > Key(taken from CRM preferences) from my client itself.
> >
> > My need :
> >
> > Validate the username and password to login vtiger account from client.
> > if valid user, get preference key and using this key get session id.
> > Then i can use this javascript library to call webservices with my
> > preference key and session id.
> >
> > Now i need First step only.Please help me to do this?

BY

R.RAMPRASAD