[Vtigercrm-developers] How to login in Vtiger using Html, Jquery client

ram prasad ramtrg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 21:22:07 PDT 2012

Thank You...This Javascript library has only webservice calls and query
after getting session id by passing preference key. I want to get
Preference Key(taken from CRM preferences) from my client itself.

My need :

   1. Validate the username and password to login vtiger account from
   client.
   2. if valid user, get preference key and using this key get session id.
   3. Then i can use this javascript library to call webservices with my
   preference key and session id.

Now i need First step only.Please help me to do this?

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Alan Lord (News) <alanslists at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 19/07/12 07:33, ram prasad wrote:
> >
> >    How to authenticate this user. Can i use Web service for this? or
> > should i use separate php script for checking database.
> >
> >    Also In database, password filed has ebcryted password. How to check
> > my password (entered in textbox) with Database password(encrypted).
>
> The Web services API doesn't use username/password. It uses
> username/access key:
>
> https://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/Webservices_tutorials#Logging_In
>
> --
> Libertus Solutions