[Vtigercrm-developers] caching user privileges

Nicolas Larcipretti niclarcipretti at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 10:21:34 PST 2012

Hummm I see. I don't use sharing rules, so I didn't know that you had to do
this every time you create a user. Maybe that could be handled just for the
new user as you create it, instead of changing the whole system, what do
you think? Create a recalculation just for that user, and trigger it after
the user creation would solve the problem (and would be waaay easier to
you).

In fact I asked because I'm particulary annoyed with the way that Vtiger
handles permissions. I know that this must be some Sugar remain, but,
anytime, people will have to think about it. Wouldn't it be easier if
instead of files, we had tables to store the privileges? And, as soon as
the user logs into the system, we could store the privileges into the
user's session. Going a little further, we could create some engine to keep
the user privileges allways up to date (that would be the fun part I
guess), cause it's reallly annoying keep asking to the user to log out and
log back in every time we create a group or something like that.

This could be a great issue to discuss. What you guys think?

Cheers

Nicolas