[Vtigercrm-developers] Change some Contact fields

possebon possebon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 05:44:43 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Is there a way to change some fields on Contact module, changing the code,
and where should I do this?

What I need to accomplish is this:

   - I don't need to use two different fields for the Contact name, I just
   need one. In Brazil the common usage of Name fields is just 1 field, we do
   not split the First name from the surname.
   - The Title of the Name, it's not necessary too.

I was thinking about using only the Surname field and rename it on Labels
to Name, but I need to hide the Name field and ignore it when saving the
Contact.

If someone has some idea/clue and could share with me, would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Fernando Possebon