[Vtigercrm-developers] Auto Increment custom fields

Röder & Miedaner GbR droeder at roeder-miedaner.de
Sun Aug 26 02:49:59 PDT 2012

Hi Adam,
as I'm currently not that firm with the Vtiger source:
In generell the basic approach should be the same? Modifying the insert
routine for fields of a specific uitype (as I see from the wiki should
be uitype 7?).
Are there be additional files to be modified or just data/CRMEntity.php?

Best regards
Dirk

On 08/24/2012 02:30 PM, Adam Heinz wrote:
> Yeah, that patch doesn't get close to applying properly, even for
> 5.2.1.  I think that general approach of adding a new uitype looks
> sound.  Why not just give it a shot re-implementing those changes in
> 5.4.0, then submit a bug with a new patch?
>
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 5:47 AM, Röder & Miedaner GbR
> <droeder at roeder-miedaner.de> wrote:
>> Hi gents,
>> I'm currently trying to add a custom field in the contact module, which
>> is supporting Auto Increment if empty.
>> I found a post in the forum from 2007
>> (https://forums.vtiger.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=14098) which had a
>> solution, but the code base seems changed since than massive.
>> The wiki entry
>> https://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/Developers_How_To%27s#How_to_set_up_Auto-increment_fields
>> seems also to base on old code.
>>
>> Is there a solution for Vtiger 5.4 to set up Auto increment on custom
>> fields?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Dirk

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dirk Röder

  Dirk Röder – Gesellschafter
  Röder & Miedaner GbR

  Talstraße 11, D-70794 Filderstadt, GERMANY
  phone: +49 (0)69 175544470  mail: mail at roeder-miedaner.de
  web: http://www.roeder-miedaner.de