[Vtigercrm-developers] Enhancement request to new Scheduler

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 02:38:35 PDT 2012

Hi all,

The new Scheduler config system is a great improvement in 5.4.0. :-D

But I have a request for an enhancement... Please can you add the
facility to specify a time you want a job to run as well as the frequency?

This is especially relevant to jobs which you may only want to run once
a day like recurring invoices and scheduled reports (we have one
customer with >500k records and their reports are really killing the
database) so we want them to run at a specific time such as 2am or
something.

I know we *can* trigger a job directly from crontab but it would, I am
sure, be a useful enhancement for many other use cases too.

Cheers

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk