[Vtigercrm-developers] REST API question - differens between describe and retrieve

praneeth K praneeth at vtiger.com
Fri Oct 14 02:48:24 PDT 2011

Hi Bobo Wieland,

        The difference between the fields shown in describe and retrieve is
, describe will not give fields which are inactive where as in the case of
retrieve it will give all field information.

       Can you check and let us know whether "homephone" field is marked as
inactive in your CRM.

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Bobo Wieland <bobo at prisjakt.nu> wrote:

> A quick question,
>
> Why is there differences between the fields listen with the 'describe'
> operation and the result from a 'retrieve' operation?
>
> Retrieving a record from Contacts gives me a value for "homephone". This
> field is not listen when I decribe the Contacts module.
>
> Best regards
> Bobo Wieland - bobo at prisjakt.nu

Best Regards,
K Praneeth,